"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery" - Francis Bacon



Freelance Makeup Artist shooting for the stars...

Monday 18 March 2013

"Hi, my name is Jade and I'm obsessed with makeup..."

For as long as I can remember I've been creative. Art was always my favourite subject at school and I would spend hours painting and sketching in my room as a teenager (crazy, rebellious adolescence, yes). Despite being complimented on my artistic efforts and gaining decent enough grades, unsurprisingly, I was encouraged down the academic route. So I packed my baked beans and hoodies and headed off to university for a degree in English and American studies.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love makeup and I find any excuse to experiment with it, making over my friends at any opportune moment. Now, at the ripe ol' age of 24 and with an ever-growing passion for makeup, I've decided to start sharing some of the looks I have done more recently, giving me even more of an excuse to get creative and push myself (it also means that the hours spent sitting on my bedroom floor with a plastic plate, palette and sponge, only to scrub my face red raw to remove my creations within 5 minutes of completion, aren't a complete waste of time).

I love anything and everything to do with Hollywood and the behind the scenes "tricks of the trade" so I'm particularly fascinated with theatrical makeup and how you can completely distort and alter a face. I love recreating the looks of past eras and iconic images, inspired by old and new techniques found on TV and in the movies.

So - I'm dedicating this blog to showcasing my makeup creations, how I do it and what inspires me. I haven't had any form of professional training so it's purely me testing and trialling with the tools I have, picking up the basics from some of the fantastic makeup artists that grace our computer screens via YouTube and social networking sites alike.

Here's to the hundreds of looks and tips I aim to share, and to the ones I hope to pick up on the way!

Thanks for reading!
JLMx

No comments:

Post a Comment